Membership is open to all women who support the purposes of CFUW. It is not limited to university graduates. Our dynamic group consists of women from various backgrounds, education, and interests.
Your membership strengthens our voice when we advocate for change. You may participate in the group as much or as little as you want, knowing that your support is helping to foster social justice.
Our membership year runs from July 1 – June 30. Dues support the operation of the club as well as the CFUW National organization.
Our meetings are held monthly, the second Monday of the month unless otherwise noted. Doors open at 6:30 pm for time to meet and catch up, and the programme starts at 7 pm. We meet either at the Qualicum Beach Civic Centre (QCC) or the Parksville Civic Centre (PCC). Please check the Calendar for dates and locations, and for our list of upcoming speakers.
The purpose of CFUW PQ is:
- To promote understanding, friendship and cooperation among members and with like-minded organizations.
- To support excellence in education and to promote access to education and lifelong learning for women and girls.
- To advance the status of women, human rights, and gender equality.
- To stimulate the interests of members in community issues; to encourage active participation in such affairs by women; and to provide an opportunity for effective, concerted action.
- To participate in the work of CFUW National, and CFUW BC Council.
There are many benefits in joining CFUW
- Advocacy – We work together speaking with a common voice for the rights and opportunities for women and girls locally, nationally and internationally.
- Learning – Our programs and special events foster our own learning. Our Scholarships and Bursaries assist others in their learning.
- Friendship – Dinners and lunches, interest groups ranging from book clubs to bridge, out ‘n about, to knitting, we have something for everyone with new groups in development.
There are three types of membership available. Full membership; dual membership for those whose primary club is elsewhere; and student membership. Please visit Forms & Fees to access the instructions.
- Full membership: $120
- Dual membership: $45.00
- Student membership: $35.00
Our recent membership survey (April 2023) highlighted some great positive sentiments for becoming a member
- meet like-minded women
- make a difference
- build friendships
- continue learning
- make connections
- help our community
- attend social activities
- stay informed on women’s issues
- have engaging discussions
- listen to informative speakers
- exchange new ideas
- share common interests
- help local and international students
- learn from others
- participate in the booksale
- be proud of our respected community presence
At the CFUW National 2023 AGM, our club was the recipient of a 2023 Membership Award, for an increase in membership of 11% over our previous year. This is a great achievement – our thanks to those new members!