You might be asking ‘why do we have a book sale every year’? Well, this is how CFUW PQ raises the funds for the scholarships we give out annually ?
Our main fundraiser for both the club and our scholarships is our annual Book Sale. We collect books, and jigsaw puzzles all year long and hold a big sale in the fall. The community is a strong supporter of this activity, both by donating books and attending the book sale. The books and puzzles are all in great condition and very reasonably priced.
From the book sale proceeds we provide monies to the Scholarship and Bursary Trust to fund educational scholarships and bursaries for women and girls (and some boys too) to study locally, nationally, and internationally. Every book and puzzle donated and bought helps our work.
To attend the book sale: watch for our ads in the PQ news and our ads on local radio.
When collecting books from the drop-box at Save-on-Foods, or receive books from neighbours or friends or an estate, PLEASE follow these NEW guidelines:
DO NOT ACCEPT
- any book with a MILDEW or other smell, or physical damage
- any atlas, dictionary, encyclopedia, magazine, medical book, reference book, textbook, or yearbook
- cookbooks that are worn and dirty, a community collection, or published before 2015, unless considered a collector’s book
- DVD’s, CD’s, or VINYL
ACCEPT only if in Very Good Condition
- biography, memoir, autobiography
- local/BC history especially on lumbering & fishing & First Nations
- nutrition, spirituality, self-help, women’s studies, health & fitness that were published in or after 2018
- law, media, computers, business that were published in or after 2020
- all other books published in or after 2015
ACCEPT only if in perfect condition
- jigsaw puzzles with all the pieces. The pieces must be in a sealed plastic bag, in the box.
Please put discarded books in your household refuse bin.